Friday, July 5, 2013

Side Table Makeover

 Happy Friday to everyone. TGIF!
 
As you know I am in the process of selling my home and we're currently making last minute repairs, cleaning and staging the mudroom, front room and kitchen areas.
 
This winter as I was working on redoing my mudroom I decided I needed a small table in here where I could sit a vase of flowers or a basket for mail, so to the thrift store I went.
 
.......And for $5 bucks, this is what I came home with.
 
 
 
sea salt by sherwin williams
 
 
I hear you laughing! ...and its ok. I laughed too!
 
 
 
 
 
See the hideous golf scene someone painted on here?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yikes! Its very loud to say the least, so I shopped around on the Internet for some color inspiration and this is what I chose.
 
 
 
Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams
 
 
Sea Salt Paint Color by Sherwin Williams
 
SW 6204 - Sea Salt 
I absolutely LOVE this color!
It is a grayish-greenish-blueish-color depending on the light in the room that it is in.
 
At first I wasn't sure so I only bought a quart of it, and then after painting this table I decided I wanted to paint everything with it, so this is the first of two projects I have going with this color.
 
 
 
I gave the table a color makeover and added a delicate little glass knob to give it a shabby look.
 
 
I bought my knobs from Wal-Mart for roughly $5-8 bucks for a package of two knobs.
 
 
And here she is today holding a pickle jar vase of white hydrangeas from my parents yard.
Ok, quit looking at the flowers and focus on the table! :)
 
 
I know, they are gorgeous and I warned my mom that I might have to cut off more flowers, or if all else fails dig up her bush and bring it home with me!!!
 
 
 
 
Here are a couple more views of the table.
(I apologize for the shadows from the bad lighting) 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And finally-
 
BEFORE and AFTER:
 
 
Pin It 
 
 
I just love my new table. It is the perfect size and now perfect color for this space.
 
Lucky you to also get a sneak peek of my mud room makeover too.
 
A full post and pictures are on their way soon of this room makeover, but in the mean time I wanted to share my new table with you.
 
 
Its amazing what some paint and an inexpensive glass knob can do to a piece of furniture.
 
 
 
If you are in need of a furniture makeover, I say go for it!
 
 
 
And thats a wrap!
 
 
Jennifer 
 
 
 
 
Linking Up to These Great Parties: 
 
 
The Shabby NestSunday                          is the day to share{nifty button}Sixsistersstuffnew5097495_detailTitiCrafty by CamilaNatasha In OzBy Stephanie Lynn
The Dedicated HouseMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
The DedicatedHouseGrab button for Semi Homemade MomHouse on the Way
http://www.thethriftyhome.comSouthern LovelyYour Whims Wednesdaythe36thavenuepartyDomestically SpeakingEmbracing Change

52 Mantelslivelaughlinky 250x250French Country CottageAll Things Pretty Thursday Linky Party #4birdsonwire
Centerpiece Wednesdays ButtonFrom My Front Porch To Yours504 Main741302_10151387329451013_1242776520_oThe Humble Brag Supporting Habitat for HumanityChic on a Shoestring Decoratingstartathome.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated! I enjoy receiving your feedback.